Monday, October 11, 2010

Prophets: by Becky

We sang our new favorite "testimony" song. "I want to have my own testimony to be sure that the gospel is true. It's a blessing to have parents who are certain of the truth, but I need to know it too. I need to have my own testimony to be able to stand for the right. I know there may come a time when I will have to walk alone and I can't live on borrowed light. I must ask the Lord, I must make a choice, to listen for his gentle voice and then I will know that these things are right and my own little lamp will be filled with light." Natalie shared her talent of juggling a soccer ball. Miriam gave the lesson about prophets this week. We all took notes during President Monson's talk during conference, then during FHE we read through our notes and talked about the importance of doing what the prophet has asked. Bjorn bore testimony! After the lesson we played a matching game with past prophets and general authorities. The game was fun - it was one of those precious times when everyone could play, everyone was actually happy, and good memories were made. After the game we had homemade pudding - made by Isaac!